- To undertake research projects/programmes concerning host plant improvement by using Conventional breeding, Genetics, Tissue Culture, Molecular biology, Bioinformatics, Physiological approaches and modern approaches.
- To develop disease resistant and productive mulberry genotypes suitable to serizones of South India.
- To develop superior mulberry varieties suitable to moisture stress environments and drought conditions.
- To develop superior mulberry varieties by exploitation of hybrid vigour based on molecular diversity of promising parental lines.
- To undertake DNA marker aided analysis of mulberry gene bank for sustainable conservation and utilisation in crop improvement.
- To undertake and monitor AICEM trials of the South zone .
- To act as the progenitor for supply of improved mulberry stocks to the test centres across the country.
- To undertake the development of transgenic mulberries for desirable trait utilisation.
- To undertake pre and post authorisation trials of improved mulberry varieties.
- To maintain breeders seed plots, Demonstration plots and germplasm.
|Sri. Rajasekar||Scientist - D|
|Smt. M.G. Sabita||Scientist - D|
|Dr. V. Girish Naik||Scientist - D|
|Dr. S. Gandhi Doss||Scientist - D|
|Dr. Tanmoy Sarkar||Scientist - B|
|Dr. T. Gayathri||Scientist - B|
|Dr. G.S. Arun Kumar||Scientist - B|
|Dr. P.V. Vaijayanthi||Scientist - B|